Newberry Church of God

Newberry Church of God

2693 College Street

Newberry, SC 29108

(803)-276-1596

Our Church

WELCOME FAMILY & FRIENDS!

 

 

OUR CHURCH HISTORY 

Newberry Church of God was organized June 11, 1939 by Rev. McAbee.  The church held its services in a tent with five charter members.  Six weeks later the church moved into the Kinard Building on McCary Street. Though few in number, they were spiritually strong with determination to go forward for God in every way possible.  After two years; church growth and expansion required the purchase and construction of property on the corner of Bouknight and Glenn Streets.    

In 1952 the church on College Street was erected by Rev. Paul Walker.  Through the years many renovations have taken place and today the Newberry Church of God has a beautiful sanctuary with a seating capacity of two hundred and fifty.

Newberry Church of God has plenty of heritage and from its start even unto today; God has been the Champion, the Deliverer, the Giver of Victory, and the Incentive to continually GO FORWARD with the power and guidance of the Holy Ghost, and Christ our Lord.      

The Mission Statement for the Newberry Church of God is “Holding Forth the Word of Life.”